Wednesday, February 3

Psalm 126

Something I've been thinking about. I want to start an experiment, a collection of experiences and interviews and moments and create art from that. Right now it's just an idea, something that's been swimming around in my head for a while. Yes, I don't know. I want the common thread to be a moment of salvation, how the life of Jesus has affected the lives of people today, in any aspect of their lives. What it means to them. What I need is materials. People. Conversations. Authenticity.* I need volunteers, but I would like to have a goal first. Anyway. If you are actually reading this, PLEASEPLEASE comment and give advice. Or volunteer to tell me your story, anything! I do not know how this will end out. Hmm. But I am open right now, want things to be molded now.
Yup yup.


Psalm 126

A song of ascents.

1 When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion,
we were like men who dreamed.
2 Our mouths were filled with laughter,
our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
"The LORD has done great things for them."

3 The LORD has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

4 Restore our fortunes, O LORD,
like streams in the Negev.

5 Those who sow in tears
will reap with songs of joy.

6 He who goes out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with him.


*Main Entry: au·then·tic
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈthen-tik, ȯ-\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English autentik, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin authenticus, from Greek authentikos, from authentēs perpetrator, master, from aut- + -hentēs (akin to Greek anyein to accomplish, Sanskrit sanoti he gains)
Date: 14th century
1 obsolete : authoritative
2 a : worthy of acceptance or belief as conforming to or based on fact b : conforming to an original so as to reproduce essential features c : made or done the same way as an original
3 : not false or imitation : real, actual
4 a of a church mode : ranging upward from the keynote — compare plagal 1 b of a cadence : progressing from the dominant chord to the tonic — compare plagal 2
5 : true to one's own personality, spirit, or character

No comments:

Post a Comment