Wednesday, February 17

passages from the Bible that go together this instance (:

"Better is one day in your courts than thousands elsewhere." Psalm 84:10

1 Corinthians chapter 3
Phil. 4:6-7
Psalm 139

"God gives the increase." (1 Cor 3:7)

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?..The temple of God is holy." (1 Co. 3:16-17)

Not looking out the window into beauty, but in the midst of it.

"Lord, you have searched me...you understand my thought...Lord know my anxieties." (Psalm 139)

"Marvellous are your works, and that my soul knows very well." (Psalm 139:14)

"Let no one boast in men. For all thing are yours; whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come---all are yours. And you are Christ's and Christ is God's." (1 Cor. 3:21-23)


God keeps showing me how good he is. He really is. It is something you can read, and I'm sure I must have sang songs about his goodness, and such, before. But he really is, before and after the cross! He has searched me. When I read that today I was affront of a window, looking into the trees and sky and color as the sun starts to set. It is beauty, defined. And in all of that, he chooses to point me out and get to know me. He thinks that I am interesting. Gah. Such knowledge is to high. I can't understand it. I don't get it. It is strange. And he wishes to make me holy, has made me holy by Christ's blood.
Know my heart, God! "Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psalm 139:23-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment