Thursday, December 2

Blessed.

Blessed.

Bless: Old English, from 'blood,' from the use
of blood in consecration. Consecrate:
to induct into an office; to make or declare
sacred; to devote solemnly to a purpose.

Bless: praise, glorify; to confer happiness
upon; to sanctify. Sanctify: to make holy,
consecrate; to free from sin.

Bless:
holy,
beautified,
delightful.
Delight: great pleasure or satisfaction. Joy.

Read Psalm 119 with these definitions.
Thanks to Merriam-Webster dictionary for definitions.

Psalm 119

1 Blessed are those whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the LORD.
2 Blessed are those who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart—
3 they do no wrong
but follow his ways.
4 You have laid down precepts
that are to be fully obeyed.
5 Oh, that my ways were steadfast
in obeying your decrees!
6 Then I would not be put to shame
when I consider all your commands.
7 I will praise you with an upright heart
as I learn your righteous laws.
8 I will obey your decrees;
do not utterly forsake me.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment